I want the comment section on this website to be a safe space for chronically ill and ADHD people to share their thoughts, so in pursuit of that, there are a few guidelines for leaving comments on Brokedown Body, Moshpit Mind.
- Some comments are moderated – Your first comment will always be moderated. This is to prevent spam and also check that you’re a real person and not a bot. Once your first comment has been approved, any subsequent comments (that do not contain more than 2 links) will appear on the site immediately. Abuse this privilege and you will be moved back to moderation. You will also be re-moderated if your email address changes.
- You can use any name you like, but your email address must be valid – This is another spam protection method and will tie future comments to you for moderation purposes. Changing your name will not affect your moderation status.
- Your URL can link to any of your online spaces – It does not have to be your own personal website. It can be to a social media profile or a Linktree (or similar). It is highly encouraged to share your URL for others to find you if they would like to continue a conversation with you.
- Be nice! – Although it’s human nature to disagree with people every now and then, there’s no reason to be nasty about it. If you have a problem with something I or someone else has said, please express yourself without personal attacks. Always assume good faith when engaging with anyone in ANY comments section.
- Giving and receiving advice – Unless someone specifically asks for advice, please do not offer it. If advice is asked for, you should take care to present it as general and not medical advice, even if you are a medical professional. Always consult an appropriate healthcare professional before trying any suggestions.
- Keep off-topic chat to a minimum – I know tangents are an ADHD specialty, but try to keep your comments relevant to the entry you’re posting on. If you need to talk to me about something else, please feel free to contact me. If you’d like to go off-topic with another commenter, follow their link and privately reach out. If they do not have a link, you may have to just end the conversation. Difficult, I know, but necessary. Replies only go 5 levels deep.
- Spam, harmful and illegal content is not allowed – Any comments with more than 2 links will be automatically sent to the spam queue. I reserve the right to edit, delete, or mark comments as spam if they are indeed spam, contain harmful or illegal content (such as dangerous misinformation, dodgy links, sensitive personal/identifying information, and malicious attacks on myself or other commenters), or are completely irrelevant to the content you are commenting on.
- Self-promo is allowed if presented in the correct context – If you have created or sell something that could be helpful to the topic at hand, you’re more than welcome to share it. The only self-promo that is completely unwelcome here is recruitment for MLMs. You can share relevant product if it’s sold via an MLM, but this is a ~boss babe~-free zone.
- Use of HTML – As long as you know how to use it, and you ensure that your tags are closed, you’re welcome to add your own formatting to your comments. The following tags are allowed:
<a href=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <blockquote> <cite> <code> <em> <strong>.
- Swearing/cursing – Although it’s not encouraged, the sporadic use of swearing for emphasis is fine. As long as you do not personally direct it towards anyone, the odd curse word is totally okay. If you have an issue with this rule and do not want to see any swearing at all, feel free to install a profanity blocker on your device.